Transport Administration Assistant
To acquire and maintain a good working knowledge of all products handled by the Company and the systems used to record stock.
To control and restrict site access to vehicles, in compliance with safe operational working conditions and by close liaison with the Deputy Site Manager and Team Leaders.
To ensure that all drivers on site have been inducted within the last 12 months.
To ensure that the T-card system is used at all times to track vehicles on/ off site.
To process all incoming/ outgoing product movements accurately and in a timely fashion, ensuring that SAGE and/or M4 is updated accurately with all required documents issued and in good order.
To ensure that all loading/off loading documentation is provided (picking lists) BLD (Bulk Loading Documents), BOD (Bulk Offloading Documents), DOD (Drum Offloading Documents).
To assist the Weighbridge Co-ordinator with the haulier booking-in system (as required) as well as chasing up of hauliers, both inbound and outbound.
To assist with administrative duties at Irlam.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Security and Safety
To ensure that only the timetabled vehicles are allowed onto site, at the times agreed with the Weighbridge Co-coordinator and operational staff, minimising congestion and disruption on site.
To ensure all drivers are authorised to carry the products they are delivering or collecting and that their entry or departure from site is controlled.
- To control and restrict access onto site to ensure a safe working environment.
- To undertake full ADR checks on all incoming traffic.
To have a working knowledge of SAGE and M4, including product receipt, dispatches, works order processing and an understanding of picking lists, bills of materials, stock adjustments etc.
- To process receipts and dispatches.
- To raise and process works orders as back-up to Stock Controller / Planner.
- To record site throughput onto a spreadsheet that can be used for discussion at management meetings.
- To document movements of stock for the Company, and maintain accurate records of receipts, processes, dispatches, filed in such a way so that they can be examined and audited in the future.
- To ensure all Adblue movements and details are recorded.
To check that each delivery can be accommodated on site and that the correct documents are issued/ received before the vehicle leaves site.
To assist the Weighbridge Co-ordinator to ensure the correct documentation is raised and completed for every movement on / off site.
To ensure SAGE / M4 is updated in real-time as required.
- To check SAGE or M4 as well as local level indication, to ensure that there is sufficient ullage in tanks to accept delivery - to raise any issues immediately
- To check incoming / outgoing documentation to confirm there is ullage available.
- To ensure that for every receipt/ dispatch;
– all paperwork is present and correct, notifying relevant staff if not;
– BOD/ DOD/ BLD and DLD are raised and completed;
– picking lists are raised;
– Dispatch notes are raised and issued;
– CMR (Carriage of Merchandise by Road) / DGN (Dangerous Goods Notes) are completed where required.
To document movements of stock for the Company, and maintain accurate records of receipts, processes and dispatches, filed in such a way so that they can be examined and audited in the future. To ensure all Adblue movements and details are recorded.
To generate operational documents (ie BOD, BLD etc).
To generate labels for Urea big bags.
- To file all documentation including proofs of delivery (PODs), stock transfers, customer returns and others.
- To manage the stock levels for Weighbridge tickets and Induction documents - ie passports etc
Quality/Environment & Health & Safety
To be familiar with, and comply with, the Company’s Quality System and to follow procedures as related to relevant functionalities. To contribute to the review and enhancement of these procedures.
To maintain good standards of health & safety, following all company’s safety procedures and rules. This should include being familiar with the Emergency Response Plan and be aware of any tasks you may be required to perform in an emergency.
To be aware of the location on site and nature of all hazardous materials.
- To follow all Company health and safety rules and quality procedures.
- To know your responsibilities under the Emergency Response Plan and participate in any exercises.
- To report any accident/ incident or near miss or defects observed in plant or equipment to the Site Management.
- To look after items of personal protective equipment (PPE) issued to you and to report any faults to site management.
All employees should periodically review their personal training needs and maintain their electronic training records.
Employees must proactively engage in the Human Focus on-line training system as per their personal training diary, maintaining their own electronic training records This will enable a process of continuous improvement of skills and ability within the company.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Discretionary quarterly bonus(Company & H&S results driven)
- 25 days holiday
- Insurance (PHI, Life Assurance, Critical Illness)
- 6% Employer pension contribution (matched with minimum of 3% employee contribution)
- Childcare Voucher Scheme